Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Suicide Note from the Young Gay Man Said, "I Wish I Could Have Been Born Again!"

The Suicide Note from the Young Gay Man Said, "I Wish I Could Have Been Born Again!"
Larry Grecu
Baker, Florida
June 27, 2015
 
 
Dedication: Recently, I read an article about a young gay man who committed suicide. I was deeply touched by one of the closing comments this young man made. He actually said, "I wish I could have been born again!" I did not know this young man. I did not have any contact with him. It grieves me that there was no one that he could turn to who could tell him, "You can be born again!" And so, I dedicate this article to the memory of this young man. I do not want his death to be in vain. I pray that all of you will take the time to read this article, especially if you think you cannot be born again and that the only way out is suicide. As you read on, you will discover that this article is not only for the LGBT people. It is for all of us. For the sake of the young man mentioned above, please read on.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
I am posting these comments with the hope that anyone caught in the lifestyle of homosexuality, or any other sin for that matter, will at least take the time to read this and think about what I am saying. We are living in a generation where most of the young people in the United States, as well as their parents, have never read the Bible or think that it has anything to say to our 21st Century society. But, at least hear me out.

Romans 1 is not the only chapter in the Bible where Paul the apostle wrote about homosexuals. I know that if you are gay, most of the time this is the only chapter from the Bible you may hear from some Christians. But I want to give you another reference that you may not be aware of. It is found in I Corinthians 6:9-10. It says, "Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Don't be deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingodm of God."

This is quite a long list that seems to cover a multitude of sins. BUT, if you read on, this is what Paul says to the Corinthian church members: "And such WERE some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." The Bible says that all of us have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Jesus has provided a way out of all of the lifestyles mentioned above. He is the way and the only way out.

The next time you go to a church, think about this: that church is filled with people who WERE all of the above. When we accept Christ's sacrifice for our sins, He makes us a new creation. All things become new, and old things are passed away. Sure, there are some Christians who have fallen back into the old life. But, believe me, God is well able to get them back on track through some real chastening. He is faithful Father!

But, bottom line, the fact that some Christians may and do fall does not change the truth of God's Word. You can be born again! You can be changed from a fornicator, idolater, adulterer, a homosexual, an abuser of oneself with mankind, a thief, a person who covets, a drunkard, a reviler, an extortioner. You can inherit the kingdom of God.

I want you to notice that all of the people mentioned above are described as "the unrighteous." The Bible does tell us in Romans 1 that the way out of these unrighteous lives is through the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the first part of which is that Jesus died for us, died for our sins, while we were without strength to change ourselves, while we were ungodly, while we were sinners, and while we were enemies of God. That is why we can sing, "What a friend we have in Jesus."

I always get upset when I hear people say to others, "Jesus loves you." He does love you. But there is something better that you should know as a sinner! "Jesus LOVED you." He loved YOU even as a sinner! Before I was saved, I used to think to myself, "I have done some awful things. I just can't believe that God would forgive me." I had never been taught that Jesus had already proven His love for me. He had already stepped into my place of judgment and died in my place! I could hardly believe this good news. But, it was true, and now I am part of a new creation and am being changed from glory to glory until, when He appears, I will be like Him for I shall see Him as He is. Friend, this can be your life too! God loved you (past tense) while you were yet His enemy. It can't get much worse than that on your part or much better on God's part. He wants none of us to perish.

Again, while you were yet a sinner, unable to change or save yourself, while you were His enemy - actually an enemy of God - God Himself sent Jesus to die for you - no matter which one of the sinful lifestyles above you are in. I hope you hear what I am saying. When Paul wrote the book of Romans, there was till time to change. Right now, there is still time to change. But, Paul warned ALL the above-mentioned sinners that there would be a day coming when there would be no more opportunity for change. There would be a day of wrath coming when God would judge all unrighteousness. So, what made the Good News so attractive to the former sinners in the Corinthian church? The promise of true change!

How much did the Corinthian sinners change? Yes, I know that if you read the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians, some of them were pretty messed up. BUT, I want you to read what else was going on. Some of these former sinners, now saints, were moving in the power of God. When they were changed, God actually gave them His power. They were speaking in tongues, prophesying, performing miracles, signs, and wonders. Healings were taking place as former sinners prayed for the sick. They were moving in great faith. They were hearing from God and were moving in the word of knowledge when a particular thing was revealed from God. They were moving in wisdom when there appeared to be no way out of a situation. In other words, they were CHANGED and were themselves becoming agents of change.

It was that kind of change that I witnessed in the 1970s. I started seeing many of my former classmates and friends, whom I knew had been pretty messed up, changed! I couldn't believe my eyes. But, what I saw put such a hunger in my heart for real change, I was not going to rest until I had whatever they had. And now, I have lived with the ultimate Change Agent, Jesus Christ, in my life for over 40 years. My life has never been the same!

So, Friend, here are my final comments. If you think that you do not fit into any of the above-mentioned sinner categories, then my message is not for you. But, if you know that you are one of the above sinners, then there is Good News for you. Christ did die for YOU. Christ did suffer the judgment for you. When you confess your sin, Jesus Christ is faithful and just to forgive you your sin and cleanse you from all unrighteousness - just like he did for all those Corinthian sinners, now saints, and just like he did for me. Before you think there is no hope, please think again. Read over what I have written and ask God for His help. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you. He will never turn you away when you come to Him for help. I can honestly say that He has never forsaken me - ever!

I am no different than you. I once was blind, but now I see, was lost, but now I am found. This can be your life too. There is still time to be truly changed!


No comments:

Post a Comment